Friday, February 18, 2011

Perfect Cleanse - Day 5

Okay, so I'm half-way through the Garden Of Life 10-Day Perfect Cleanse....  How clean am I? Not sure.... So far the side effects haven't been too bad except for (and forgive my over-sharing here, but this was about a detox cleanse so, what did you expect?) :-)  the toxic gas....   Yes, that is right, I said toxic gas - as in, it could possibly kill a horse, and definitely a canary (or a whole flock)! (Ha ha - see picture below....)

Self portrait with East German / Soviet respiratorImage by macspite via FlickrFortunately it does not occur constantly, so I'm still okay as far as the "not interfering with my everyday life" - it's mostly first thing in the morning, or at night after dinner, so as long as I avoid people during those times, I'm not actually gassing anyone but myself.... and I manage to suffer through somehow.

I still feel that I'm not eating as clean as I should during a cleanse - way too much sugar (what was I thinking, starting this during Valentine's week?), and also white flour. But since I eat mostly organic anyway, and lots of veggies, I guess I'm doing okay. My hardest thing has been resisting my nightly small glass of red wine, and I have succumbed a couple of times I admit, but I've been pretty good there for the most part. I wish the instructions that came with the kit had given some guidance on what to eat or not to eat during this week - that would have been helpful.

Anyway, I don't have a lot to report. Other than the gas, there have been no noticeable stomach issues, and the only other thing is the being extra thirsty, which I believe I mentioned last time. That has continued, so I'm well hydrated these days!  The one other good thing I've noticed, and I can't say for sure that it is the cleanse, but I really suspect it is, as I can't think of anything else I've changed lately - my energy level is awesome! I'm typically not a morning person, and I like to sleep late whenever I can. It's often a struggle to get out of bed, and I also sometimes get tired in the afternoon. This week I've been bouncing up like an Energizer bunny (well, sort of), and I can go all day without slowing down - I feel very alert, fresh, strong, and motivated to work out, even late into the evening.  Even on the weekend when I sleep in, it's more that I choose to - not that I feel I have to.

So it's going well, but I am still looking forward to being done with it next week. Be sure to check back for a wrap up and final review then!
Have a great weekend!
Rose.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment