Monday, February 14, 2011

Review - Garden of Life 10-Day Cleanse - Part 1

I know we usually share news articles and resources here, but this week I'd like to share a story that's a bit  more personal.

As we are all aware, there are hundreds of different "detox" and "cleanse" products out there - how in the world are we supposed to figure out which ones are best? Here are a few common concerns, when considering a cleanse:
  • Does it work? Is this product actually going to do anything or just be a waste of money? How will I know it is actually doing what it says it will do?
  • Will I feel so crummy during the cleanse that I won't be able to continue and finish it, or that it disrupts my daily life?
  • Is it actually a high quality product, or is it going to actually introduce new toxins into my body that weren't there before?
  • Do I have to drastically change my diet or stop taking medications, vitamins, or supplements during the cleanse, or will it it interfere?
At least, these have been concerns that have come to mind for me. You may have others as well. I have found a couple of detox programs that looked really effective, high quality, and were from trusted sources, but they were very expensive, and since I was worried about all of the concerns mentioned above, I couldn't justify purchasing the system without answers.

But one of my goals this year, for health reasons, was to go ahead and do a cleanse of sorts. I eat pretty clean, but I'm sure there's still some gunk in my body that could stand to be cleaned out....  So I decided to try the 10-Day Perfect Cleanse from Garden of Life, as they are one of the few supplement manufacturers that I trust (mainly because they are high potency, very pure, dissolve extremely quickly, are supposed to be highly absorbable by the body, and most contain whole foods and probiotics). I take a lot of their supplements and am very pleased with them, so I'm hoping this one will be no exception.

Garden Of Life Perfect Cleanse Kit, 0.63-Ounce Plastic JarAccording to the box, Perfect Cleanse is easy (you only take it in the evening), doesn't interfere with your daily routine ("formulated to enable a normal lifestyle without disruption during your cleanse"), and will purify, capture, and remove toxins from the body. It contains capsules and powder, to be taken before dinner, after dinner, and before bed, every day for 10 days, which isn't as daunting a prospect as some of those 30-day cleanses. It is also much more affordable (I think I paid less than $15 for the kit, on Amazon.com).

But of course, as you know if you've been reading my blogs for a while, I'll never post a review until I've tried it myself!  So (lucky you) you get to go with me on my 10-day journey...   I just started the cleanse last night, and though I won't post daily, I will try to post several times throughout the cleanse, and will give my final overall review of this system at the end.

Be sure to check back soon for updates throughout the week!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment